五月 24 2009
Aug 25 2006, 12:17 AM
Wine users, please note, it may not “just work" magically :
– The direct3D library of wine has been broken for Ragnarok (kRO/Sakray) from version 0.9.15 (excluded) upwards. Newest stable version (0.9.18) has fixed the problem, so if you can, only compile/get binary of version 0.9.15 or 0.9.18 upwards.
– For problems, see this link first http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=928
– Ragnarok requires a special trick for private servers, namely forwarding Ragnarok’s unsuccessful connection to a wrong IP address to the correct one. To do it, follow these steps :
1. Get wireshark (formely ethereal) and run it from root (IMPORTANT must be run from root)
2. Open a terminal and run wine on the .exe
3. Put wireshark on capture mode on eth0 or whatever your net interface is. Best is to also close down every other application which uses the net line (run netstat to see).
4. Enter username and password, click connect and wait till it gives the Failed to connect to server message.
5. Close wine
6. Switch to wireshark, and stop the capture.
Now please pay attention..
7. Scroll down the packets recorded, and look for a DNS request to <put your game server info here>. Also note that, if there is no DNS request made, then the .xml file in the .grf patched by your private server (the one who identifies the server) uses an IP address. Please resolve it to a Hostname and edit it with grftool, then repacks the file.
8. After looking at the DNS request, write down the IP address returned.
9. Then scroll down and look for any grayed out packet which contains a weird IP address “to" value. Something like 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 could be it. You can also look at the ASCII value of the IP address for a hint (for example, the one for euphRO was “line" which resolved to a weird 123…something IP address). Note it down.
Now this following process needs you to google and do it on your own if you don’t have iptables.
10. Supposedly you have iptables installed and the extension DNAT, you then su to root and enter :
# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d $WRONG_ADDRESS -j DNAT –to $REAL_ADDRESS
Please do not type out “#" (lol), and replace wrong address with the weird IP, real address with the IP resolved returned by your DNS server.
11. iptables-save, and you’re good to go !
– Also note that Ragnarok requires mfc42.dll, but the 2000 version one, not the 1998/1999 one offered on dllfiles.com. Please google and download the one which is not on dllfiles.com, or use your own from an up-to-date Windows system.
– For wine 0.9.15, I suggest setting video mode to User (and GDI), for 0.9.18 upwards, there is but only Direct3D mode.
– Please do not choose fullscreen. Always do windowed, and use winecfg to make it run in a double-buffered virtual desktop which matches your game’s resolution chosen. Also, put the hardware 3d on emulation, and disable sound if it gets buggy. Lastly, please disable fog inside Setup.exe, and disable weather by @weather off if the private server suddenly presents you with some weird weather effect.
– And last but not least, please include “ipridian" as author if you want to copy this post elsewhere. This post was originally made on UnityRO. Thank you.